Use the tabs below to read more.
Christhood Outfield International Ministries (CIOM) was conceived in 2009 and started by its founder members. It started as an outreach group that was concerned with the lives and the souls of men and thus reaching them with the Gospel of Christ Jesus: as well as equipping needy women in the slums to enable them do something with their hands to feed their families.
It was unveiled on 1st November 2009 with six programs: Teen life, IFC, Impact, Branch, Sister Sister and BOKS, and is devoted to ministry through Outreach, Missions, Counseling, Team building, Training, and Support. This is our hope and our prayer. We pray for great things and expect God to do great things. "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy," to Him, we commit ourselves and the outcome of our service.
Our vision is to reach out to people, impact them and equip their lives with the message of our Lord Jesus Christ through the transforming Power of the Holy Spirit.
Make the transforming Power of Jesus Christ known to the world through outreach and discipleship. Make people encounter a personal and intimate touch with God.
(The values that guide us)
Our philosophy is to turn the lost into Christ-centered laborers through the dual mean of evangelism and edification for the purpose of fulfilling the Great Commission in this generation.
- We are committed to taking the initiative to share the gospel with non-believers in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God.
- We are committed to enabling believers to live out the Lordship of Christ in their lives through the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Are committed to strong, Biblical teaching; especially on having a heart for God, a heart for each other, a heart for the lost, and a heart for the world.
- We are committed to a ministry that reaches out to people of all ethnic groups.
- We are committed to supporting, encouraging and equipping local churches to better fulfill its calling and integrating believers into the local church.
- We are committed to developing ministries of believers on campuses for the purpose of on-going evangelism and discipleship to students on their 'turf'.
- Asking and believing God by faith for extraordinary things, serving God with effectiveness to make the most of every circumstance, and promoting godly leadership through development to ensure future ministry to students.
CIOM is an interdenominational ministry committed to the proclamation of God's Word and exaltation of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. We exist to win, build and send believers so they might impact their community, city, and world for Christ.
The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God's infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally, and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, without error (inerrant), immutable (unchanging), and universal (applies to all mankind). It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks. Because of the specialized calling of our movement, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based on the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.
We explicitly affirm our belief in basic Bible teachings, as follows:
- There is one true God, omnipotent (all powerful), omnipresent (everywhere), and omniscience (all knowing) triune God eternally existing in three persons-- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-- each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
- Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Hence, He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
- He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died.
- He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
- Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he was alienated from his Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
- Man's nature is corrupted, and he is thus totally unable to please God. Every man is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- The salvation of man is wholly a work of God's free grace alone and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.
- It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written Word.
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power, and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith.
- The individual indwelling and empowering of every believer by the Holy Spirit upon conversion to live the Christian so that he will not fulfil the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement.
- At physical death the believer enters immediately into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing.
- At physical death the unbeliever enters immediately into eternal, conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth--personally, visibly, and bodily-- to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation. The fulfilment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us." Discipleship is a process in which a Christian with a life worth emulating invest his life for an extended period of time in a few individuals who have been won to Christ to guide and encourage their growth to maturity so they might reproduce themselves in a 3rd spiritual generation.
We explicitly deny our belief in following:
- That grace plus any work or faith plus any work are necessary for salvation. Works should and do come as a result of genuine saving faith.
- A plurality of mediators between God and man. There is one mediator-Christ, and through him alone can we approach God.
- In Allegorical, Church, Rationalistic, Subjective, or Literalistic interpretations of the Bible. The God intended meaning of scripture lies in the grammatical, historical, contextual approach, which strives to understand the meaning to the original audience.
STANDARDS OF MINISTRY.
These apply to the CIOM leadership, staff, partners, volunteers and members. As leaders in the ministry together, we are committed to unity and love in the body of Christ, we are committed to Biblically based relationships and living out the following principles:
- We will honor each other by believing the best of each individual.
- When conflicts arise we will go to that person before anyone else. (Matthew 18:15)
- We will speak the truth in love. Having the person's best interest in mind (Ephesians 4:15)
- We will seek to be a team player by supporting each other and valuing the whole ministry.
- We will honor each other and be there for them.